At the Fairlee Wellbeing Centre our practitioners offer a massage treatment that is specifically designed for expecting mothers. Our pregnancy massage therapy aims to improve the health and wellbeing of both mother and child, and we do this using a calming and rejuvenating oil-based massage, with focused attention on specific areas of pain and tension.
Pregnancy Massages are appropriate during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
As an intensely relaxing and healing course of therapy, post-natal massages are the ideal way to help new mothers to strengthen their body and restore their energy levels. Our treatments are highly flexible by nature and can be tailored to suit your individual needs. This means that we can be of invaluable assistance in helping you gain relief from a specific issue, or alternatively we can provide the support and comfort that you need to reduce your stress levels and relax.
Whilst no two treatments are exactly alike, as part of our post-natal massage therapy a great deal of attention is often paid to areas of the upper back that are showing signs of tension – this is often the case as a result of carrying and feeding a new baby.
Pregnancy and Post-natal massage treatments can help enormously with:
- Reducing your stress and achieving a tranquil, relaxed state of mind
- Getting relief from muscle cramps, spasms and myofascial pain in areas such as the lower back, neck, hips and legs
- Reduce swelling by increasing blood and lymphatic circulation throughout the body
- Reduce stress on weight-bearing joints
- Improve and enhance the pliability of the skin and underlying tissues
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering